Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 13.

It's just another manic monday. I heard that song while I was out shopping today. It's actually be a pretty relaxing day so far. I went to the gym and did a bodyflow class. 
I have been really thinking about our society and I'm just shocked at how many fast food places there are. I'm not surprised that our children are obese and type 2 diabetes is on the rise. I don't know what to do about this. I keep saying educate the kids and show them right from wrong but I'm not sure this will work. I think the economy has shown us a lot in the last few months. It is cheaper to eat more veggies/fruit than it is to eat more protein. So to save money and our waist lines lets eat more veggies. I'm so tired of people saying they are so expensive. Buy the frozen ones. They are usually less than a dollar for a big bag. (King soopers). I also saw on fitTV some info on the zone diet, and it is portion controlled and allows for very small portions of whole grains which allows the body to use the fat as energy-hence weight loss. It also suggests that in every meal and snack there should be a carb(fruits/veggies) and a protein which will help to keep blood sugar stable. I'm not suggesting you follow the zone diet but the little tips I thought would be helpful. 
Tomorrow is yoga day. I'm excited. Let me know how this new year is going so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment