Saturday, January 16, 2010

calorie fail.

So btw I hate that the default font on here is times. yuck. 
anyways, I was good all day yesterday until I met up with some friends at Old Chicago and totally ate way too many nachos and cookie with ice cream. shoot. today has been much better. I had a protein drink and a banana before going to bodyflow and then a lean cuisine and now I'm having an apple and a string cheese. I think we are having spagettii and salad for dinner. not too bad. although I might make a cake with Alli. 
let's chat about motivation, I am really surprised about how many people aren't motivated by the health risks that are known to reduce life expectancy and quality. I personally want to challenge us to make goals for ourselves and allow our friends and family to hold us to them. It takes a lot to trust someone enough to allow them to speak truth into your life, but I know that it develops those honest relationships that can never be broken. I am motivated by the way my body now works so much better since I really started doing yoga about 6 months ago. I feel stronger physically and that has translated to having more confidence and being stronger emotionally because I know I can. The doubt that I had about things is much less than it was. 
Okay it's not the holidays anymore so it's time to start sharing some of your food choices. I have this app on my phone called myfitnesspal, it was free and it helps you set a goal and put in the foods you ate and the exercise you did to calculate your daily calorie needs to meet your goal. It has many of the foods at restaurants and you can put in your own homemade foods too. It has opened my eyes to the calories in some of the foods I eat and I thought were much healthier. It has allowed me to plan my meals better too because I always have my phone with me I can't make the excuse of forgetting my food journal. If a small little notebook works better for you great. I have really enjoyed knowing the total calories I eat everyday so I am better able to stay in control of my health and my goals. I tend to snack less when I have to put it into my food journal because I know that the two handfuls for chips could put me over my calories. 
School starts in few day so no promises about postings. sorry, I will do the best I can. 
stay strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment