Wednesday, February 24, 2010

my life in plus or minus 10 years.

I have decided to get my family nurse practitioner and an RN first assist. with the FNP you can do adults and peds, I'm leaning more towards adults but if i have both I more opportunity so why not get both in the amount of time. With the RNFA, I can be first assist in surgery and get the reimbursement as an NP. And as an NP I can really go into any specialty I want, ED,OR, medical/surgical or just a PCP office. 
I really want to bridge the gap between primary care providers and the acute care setting. I really think that if we care for ourselves we will not be in the hospital as much and if there is one provider, and yes I hope it to be a nurse, then the continuity of care is so so much better. 
I know I have so much work to do before I get there but I'm hopeful I can get there. I know that if we want to make this world a better and healthier place we have to put in the time and effort to serve others, but I know that if I do not take care of myself I cannot better the lives of others. Let's all decide to help others and better ourselves. I know it's hard but if we don't try nothing will ever change. Make one healthy choice today, baby steps is all it takes. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you; this is going to be so good!

    ReplyDelete