Monday, March 22, 2010

mind/body

Happy birthday to Alli. I had way too much cake and processed food this weekend. I'm working on this week. We had hot dogs and pizza. and lots of cake. and well I did spin today to rid myself of a few of calories I had. I had a realization today, I am really learning to like my body, It's mine and as I am beginning to not compare myself to others, especially at the gym I am able to get in touch with my body and all I am able to do. I'm not super woman but I am able to do more yoga than I could when I started and I love the challenge I get when I push myself. I don't think I will ever be that size two cute butt person but I can laugh at myself when I fall out of a pose and really learn to trust my body and love it for all it does for me. The mind body connection has been made so clear to me lately and I truly hope I don't forget it. 
the mind is a powerful thing. use it wisely. 

1 comment:

  1. This is totally how I felt at pilates tonight and I thought of this post and it made me smile. I love feeling stronger and I love that we're getting healthier! Yay us.

    ReplyDelete