Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day 5.

I have to confess first. I just devoured some homemade peach cobbler. shame on me. 
I did go to the gym today and had a light lunch of brown rice with veggies and a little teriyaki sauce and sriracha, yum. Breakfast was a tortilla with one scrambled egg and left over potatoes and some cheese. and dinner was whole wheat penne with sauted chicken, EVOO, spinach, tomatoes and lots of garlic. It was delicious. and a banana in the afternoon after my workout. 
I am a fan of Jillian on FB, I wish we were bff's. She suggested today that we all think about why we want to get in shape, be healthy.  I honestly want to be in shape for my family. I think in some way I lead this lifestyle to be an example to those around me and if I ever needed to be physically fit I would like to be able to. If I was ever in an accident I would like to know that I could survive because of my physical well being. I also try to be healthy because I know that obese people make less money, are less productive (more sick days) and that it costs more to be obese. I want to avoid heart disease and diabetes as much as I can. As I spend time with patients who have heart disease and diabetes, I  always just want to shake them and ask why don't you care about yourself the way I do. So mostly I want to lead an example of change. I am blown away by the obesity rates and obesity related diseases here in America. It is time that we educate our children and adults for that matter so our society can be a productive and successful as possible. 
I trying to stick with this whole blogging thing, but I really wish I had more followers. I think that by doing this I am able to evaluate my success and failures with an honest heart. I think too many times we just ignore our activity levels and diet because we are wrapped up in life. I understand that, I'm not saying we shouldn't live, but we should live consciously. We only have one body and we should treat it the best we can. 
Good luck this week. Try to watch the alcohol intake. It's high in calories and leaves you dehydrated which leads to the hangover. no fun. enjoy your company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment