Friday, December 25, 2009

Day 3.

Merry Christmas. I did not workout today or yesterday, but the beginning of the week was fantastic. I did 2 spin classes, 2 bodyflow classes and one yoga class. It was very good. I'm beginning to understand the runners high that people talk about. I feel so good after spin class although I can hardly walk because I push myself so hard in class. I wasn't sure I would like spin class. You know. I thought I was for those who were super hard core and triathletes and such. It turns out, it's really fun. The room at my gym is dark and everyone is so focused they don't really care if you mess or don't follow the instructor. BTW I love all of the instructors at the gym I go to. Every class is new and challenging. I hope that I can keep it up after school starts up again. I think I am going to do spin/bodyflow on monday, yoga tues, spin/bodyflow wed, nada thurs (class from 7-7), and bodyflow on friday. bodyflow is a mix of tai chi, yoga and pilates that is choreographed to music. There is a mix of balance, strength, hip openers. I LOVE it. I have a feeling school is going to be emotionally challenging this semester so I'm trying to create a schedule that involves the right balance of yoga and cardio to achieve the right balance. Isn't that what we all want? Watching Dr. Oz, oh yes, he suggested that we all do a forward fold everyday. It takes two seconds and I think that by doing this small step we can all become for flexible and it will force us to take a minute to breath deeply and relax. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment