Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day 2.

I'm trying to do this right. Try to keep things interesting, but well it's Christmas eve and I just want to wish everyone a healthy and ultimately happy new year. We all strive for perfection and I'm learning through an incredible journey through 2009 that perfection is unrealistic. I started nursing school last January as you know and I was determined to not gain the weight that I've seen so many gain during nursing school. So far I have been successful, but I can see the pitfalls and contradictions all over the place. For example what kind of professor says be sure to stay active and eat healthy and brings candy to the final. come on now. And many of us wanting to stay in shape but then we hangout and drink and eat so many unhealthy things, delicious, but unhealthy. I've really come to understand myself better over this last year. I have realized that I expect so much from myself and from those around me. Nursing school is hard, parenting is tough and life is not easy, but we can all take a moment each day and smile. It's Christmas time. We should all smile as much as we can. I struggle with this as I learn more and more about people and the choices they make and the choices I make. I'm learning to be content and present where I am. This is so difficult because of where I've come from. I want so badly to be done with school and be a successful nurse, who makes a difference, but I've realized that if we all just invest a bit of time and effort into the lives of others we can be fulfilled. This world is full of darkness, but I say "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine" and when I'm in darkness I hope you will shine your light on me. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. ps I fit into my skinny jeans this morning. It will be a good day.

    ReplyDelete