Friday, July 1, 2011

LASIK

So as you know I got LASIK around Christmas time, so it was time again for me to get my eyes checked. One eye was 20/15, the other 20/30-which is so much better than it was before- Yesterday I got PRK on that eye so they would not have to create a flap (had to get that refloated x4 on the other eye-major pain)- afterwards let's just say I was in PAIN. I took a percocet and slept through the night- this morning PAIN again. so I go back for my follow up and ask for some pain drops. These drops are AMAZING!! thank you doc!! My vision is a little hazy still but that is to be expected. So hopefully in a couple week they will both be at 20/15. I would still recommend LASIK, but just warn people that it isn't always a perfect success that first time around. For most it is, but if you are in the lucky few it isn't have patience. I have to say, it's not bad going to see that people at ICON LASIK, they are super nice and some of the Doc's are super hot. (did I really just say that??! lol) and waking up the morning and seeing clearly without fumbling with contacts is so awesome. I do not miss running out of solution and ordering contacts and dealing with the insurance company, copay's and BS. I would highly recommend it. So I get to sleep with eye covers again for a few weeks. There is a funny story that goes with those but I will spare a certain someone the embarrassment. Here's to LASIK, you are awesome.

2 comments:

  1. I had PRK on both eyes so I can totally relate. Felt like I had sand in my eyes for at least a month. Once it healed though, it was smooth sailing! 20/15 in one eye, 20/20 in the other. However, we are 6 years later now and I can tell my vision is declining. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a bummer, I have until december to decide if I want to buy lifetime gurantee. I need a job first.

    ReplyDelete