Monday, July 18, 2011

insurance company BS

Problem:
So about a month and a half ago (the same time as graduation and traveling) I was diagnosed with Mono. So I pay my copay at Dr's office, they did a rapid strep and prescribed me some penicillin and ordered a CBC and mono blood test-So I get those, the scrip was $5, no big.
Saturday rolls around an I get a bill for $76, really? what the f happened to $10 labs- I was informed they disappeared Jan 1. and I have a $100 deductible then it's 10% after that. holy moly. So I got to spend almost $100 on a diagnosis I can do nothing about.
Solution:
The insurance company is offering $100 flex dollars to all participants in their healthy people campaign- I wasn't going to do it because 1. I don't get sick often 2. I didn't need the $ until now. I went and got some blood drawn (they test cholesterol and blood sugar-but if they'd just look at my Medical recored they could get both of those) and filled out an online assessment survey on my health.
Within 30 days I should have that flex $ and then I will pay my lab fees.
Way too much work, but I guess it's what needed to be done.
I can't imagine having a chronic illness and dealing with this crap all the time- I feel for those people.

No comments:

Post a Comment