Monday, May 23, 2011

Casper

My oldest dog Casper was put down today, but truly, I'm at peace with it. He was the first dog I ever got. I remember begging my dad to let us get a dog, so so much as an 8 year old girl. And Easter weekend when I was 9, my mom came and got me from school and said she had a surprise in the car. I thought it was my Aunt Sharon to spend the weekend with us. It was a shy, tiny bishon frise. So we went to the pet store to get supplies, etc. and I was holding him and he barfed on the floor he was so nervous. So we put him in the cart and so began our life with bubba boy, Casper. I remember countless times him running out the front door and us chasing him down the street trying to bribe him with treats. He was a sweet dog. Gave me much more than he will ever know. Goodbye, I know you are in a better place.

2 comments:

  1. Buttercup,
    I'm sorry I'm just reading this now & didn't give you a better hug! :( It's amazing how close dogs can get to our heart. Not to mention all the changes & growth we go through over the years and how they still manage to be by our sides, loving us unconditionally. Love you!

    ReplyDelete