Tuesday, May 10, 2011

one more...

So I had a relaxing yet productive day.
I went to the gym and I hate to say it, but I did a half assed workout and left after 30 minutes, but I guess some is more than none.
Then I listened to a webinar from ANA (American Nurses' Association) called "Lead from where you stand." It was not what I expected, but good none the less. I thought it would be more about how to take a stand and be involved more with ANA and other organizations; it was actually a pep talk about how we all are interconnected and each of us can impact the world. The presenter had a few good points I thought I'd share. She shared a story about WWII and how all of the older sailors survived yet the younger more knowledgable stronger sailors did not and that the british government did some research into why the older sailers were the survivors and the response from the sailors was that they knew that if they just held on long enough or pushed a little more the storms would soon pass. hence the title of this post, I have one last exam for all of nursing school except the state board exam. And that story really gave me the push I needed to continue studying and keep focused.
I then proceeded to study for like 4 hours with Courtney, who is AWESOME! She's funny and smart.
BTW I passes my peds class with an A. Not that I like to brag about my grades and such, I'm proud that I was able to do well.
I gotta go have a cherry bar, they smell delic and watch BL. So Jillian Michaels is not going to be on BL anymore, but ... She is going to be a cohost on the Doctors. So instead of once a week it's now 5x a week. WIN!
Be extraordinary, live courageously.

1 comment:

  1. You are a rock star!!!! I got an A too, and I was in total shock. I loved studying with you two on Monday-made my day!!

    That webinar sounds wonderful. The title definitely doesn't sound like the content, but what a pleasant surprise :) Sorry you lost Jillian from BL, but sounds like she will be able to affect more change on a show that people who want to change their health will watch more often.

    ~Meara

    ReplyDelete