Wednesday, December 14, 2011

LIFE as a working girl

So sorry that I fail at updating consistently. Life is busy. It's good, but busy.

I still LOVE my job. Tomorrow is my first day actually scrubbing into a case and handing instruments to the surgeons. I'm SO scared, yet excited. I had a couple of days this week where I got to learn how to scrub my hands and put on gowns and gloves as not to contaminate them. Funny story- so after the first day I'm feeling pretty confident that I know what I'm doing. I had a dream that I like flat how contaminated my gloves by scratching the back of my neck while I was scrubbed in. It's pretty obvious this job is getting to me, but in a good way. It wasn't a dream of the surgeon yelling at me or the patient dying.

Family life is good too. Alli had her Jinglebell Jukebox concert last night at school. She is so stinkin cute sometimes. Right as we pulled up to the school and parked, she was already to go. She ran up to some of the kids in her class and promptly reminded them that they needed to go in the music room and talking up a storm. The concert was like 5 songs. I was so impressed that Alli remembered all of the words and moves that go with the songs. She was singing loud enough that we could actually hear her too. I'm so proud of her. I feel a career opportunity coming on.

I got my Mabels labels in the mail today :) they are sticky labels for shoes, clothes and hard surfaces. Hopefully it will prevent Alli from losing her sweaters everyday and keeping the tupperware I send to school from getting thrown away too. They are even cuter than they were online. Highly recommended.

I got a long to do list today. Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment